The Kiss AWOL Horror Picture Show and Traveling Medicine Band Express Night Train To The Center Of The Universal Mind in the Vortex of Time
April 23, 2014, 02:54:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE ARE MOVING!! WE ARE MOVING!! WE ARE MOVING!! http://kissawol.mysmf.com/index.php

Home   Help Multiplayer Login Register Chat Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Gibson Ace Frehley signature "Budokan" model Les Paul  (Read 1708 times)
AUGUSTUS
Tiny Dancer
Bigmouth

« on: August 24, 2011, 04:30:07 AM »

This is a first look at the "finish only" prototype of the new Gibson Ace Frehley signature "Budokan" model Les Paul. The new model will be an exact replica of the guitar Ace is holding that he played in the 70s at the Budokan in Japan (and beyond!). Note that the "finish only" prototype has a two piece top while the actual model will have a three piece top and three pickups just like Ace's. Gibson painted this prototype to show Ace how the guitar's burst would look.

Legion
A BITTER AND FAILED MUSICIAN
Administrator
Bigmouth

I AM JUST A BOY!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »

It's a beautiful guitar. Do people really buy these things? I've considered buying one of his older model LPs because it's got a blue sunburst and that's the most beautiful one IMO... but I'm not really into buying "an ACE FREHLEY GUITAR!" myself.

I guess there's richer folks out there who like that kind of thing...

"Lines like 'Baby, you're the queen of my king-sized bed' and 'Girl, you're lookin' pretty, I've got the best view in the city.'

CLICK HERE TO FEED HUNGRY VETS IN NEED --> http://theveteranssite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=10
dinosaurocker

Lugwig swirl vistalite kit

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

I know Frehley made the guitar famous for me n'all ~ and I love his stuff -

But whoever said that a classic orange sunburst Les Paul was signature Ace Frehley?

There must be myriad artists that have played similarly styled LP's since the 1960's, yes?

Don't fuck with the Rollers bitch.
actifzo
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »

including lammie.
dinosaurocker

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »

including lammie.

So is the better nickname Lammie, or Monica.

Harmonica is definitely out - eludes to the word harmony, which lammie definitely does not seem to promote.

And how 'bout those Les Paul's anyway.

actifzo
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

i prefer "fagot".
Legion
A BITTER AND FAILED MUSICIAN
Administrator
Bigmouth

I AM JUST A BOY!

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:24 AM »

But whoever said that a classic orange sunburst Les Paul was signature Ace Frehley?

There must be myriad artists that have played similarly styled LP's since the 1960's, yes?

Not a lot who played triple-pickup, tho.

"Lines like 'Baby, you're the queen of my king-sized bed' and 'Girl, you're lookin' pretty, I've got the best view in the city.'

CLICK HERE TO FEED HUNGRY VETS IN NEED --> http://theveteranssite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=10
dinosaurocker

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 10:01:37 PM »

Not a lot who played triple-pickup, tho.

The average user doesn't have a goddman clue, nor cares, about triple fucking pickups.

They see shiny humbuckers with an orange sunburst finish (tequila sunrise finish in the world of vistalite drums, 40 years ago).

Yay, that's an Ace Frehley guitar.  At least Ace is peddling a  quality product with humbuckers, rather than a photo embellished goddamn urn or coffin. 

Ace has way more class than Gene.  As do both Paul and Peter.  Except Paul is gay  . . . . .  really gay.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: